Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Patent your website design

Oh boy, this may mean all designers (including me)

Will have to be forced to do more original work.

The internet is flooded with websites that look similar and they each seem to borrow elements from one another.

Why not?

If it works for them then it should work for me right?

Or if the feeling of a layout feels right for the project I am working on why not emulate it.

Well this article talks about how google was able to get a patent on the design of its home page.

Which could open the door for other big companies to start to protect their designs.

Of course my thought is, if I design something and somebody like "Google" would be threatened by it, and ask me to put it down, I would feel honored.

I should be so lucky, that Google would know of me?


http://www.ipwatchdog.com/2009/09/03/google-granted-design-patent-on-search-webpage/id=5512/

No comments:

Post a Comment