Friday, September 11, 2009

Harness Creativity

Here is a fantastic article that discusses the challenges of being creative.

I have often fantasized about having a water jug of creativity in the studio so when its time to be creative I can walk over and pour some out.

The problem is that it's not that easy, it takes a while to get the creative juices flowing, and once you get it flowing it's hard to stop it, and undoubtably a few weeks or months later the best idea ever hits you and its too late... The project has already been done.

My biggest challenge as a professional graphic design studio owner is to try and find the right set of parameters that nurtures creative solutions that speak directly to the client's target audience.

This process becomes more psychological than anything else.

The article then talks about coming up with great ideas is easy, but making that idea a reality is the challenge. I couldn't agree more. I often think of some cool approach to only find that it doesn't translate in the medium I am working in; or, I am heading in a particular direction and along the way I see an alternative solution that I didn't think of that may be better idea than the original one...

What do you guys think?

Here's the article so you can be inspired too.

No comments:

Post a Comment