Friday, October 9, 2009

The Power of Blogging

I recently experienced first hand how a well written blog converted me into a customer.

I am a die-hard fan of overnightprints.com an online business that prints designs I upload to their website. But recently I came across a blog that was a how to guide on how to promote your T-shirt business. At first I was interested because I love print and the designs they showed were awesome. Next I noticed it was teaching how to market your t-shirt business, which I just launched a t-shirt business this week. http://www.unique-t.com/

But the thing is this, they gave great ideas, and mentioned that you can do these ideas on your own, or you could hire UPrinting.com Because the article was informative, and has inspired me to do these things, my two options are one go and try and do it myself, "attempting to save money" or hire the pro's. Money is tight so I might try certain things by myself but I could also see myself doing this with Uprinting. Which has now made me less of a die-hard fan for overnightprints.

There are two things I would like to point out here that I think makes this concept a successful one. One they aren't afraid to tell "Trade Secrets" if you hold your ideas to yourself, then your prospects won't come up with them on their own. So don't be afraid to tell somebody how or what you are doing, they will hopefully find what you share useful, and some may try and do it on their own or find some place cheaper, or may want to save time and come to you directly.

The next point is that they were focussed, they geared the article to someone promoting a t-shirt design company, when in fact this could apply to any company. So staying focussed on a niche will inspire the other applications, instead of trying to cater to everyone speak to just one...

Check out their blog here.

Get inspired and weigh in on the subject I'd love to hear from you...

No comments:

Post a Comment